Monday, August 31, 2015

ThredUp for Teachers




Have you tried ThredUp yet?! I'm in love with this site!


It will make two years this January that I haven't purchased any new clothes. For year one, I did the Thrifty Threads 365 challenge to save money and make extra payments on my student loan. This challenge did indeed help me to save lots of money, but it also did so much more. I love the thrill of finding treasures at thrift stores, the belief of knowing I'm doing my part to recycle, and the feeling of showing my students that they can feel proud in clothes that are second-hand. My students always comment on my style, and I make it a point to reply that I get my clothing from a thrift stores. I know that clothing can make a huge impact on confidence, so I try to let students know how awesome it is to find clothing from other places besides the mall. 

With all that being said, you can imagine how happy I was to find an ONLINE thrift store. Well hello online shopping, I've missed you dearly. ;) If you want to try Thredup, use this link to get $20 off of your first order! $20 off  I will get a little bonus for referring you too :)  PLUS, you can link the school of your choice to your account, and every time you make a purchase, your school will get 5% back! 

Below are the goodies I got in my box today! All for under $150

Lauren Conrad Blazer and black Paige Jeans Skinnies (jean shirt is thrifted locally) 

Flowy top with Holding Horses High-Rise Jeans (these jeans are my current favorite!) 

 Black, sheer, polka dot Loft shirt with locally thrifted leather skirt (yeah, this skirt is one of my best thrift store finds ever). I also can pair this top with an oversized scarf. 


This dress is probably my favorite piece from the box. I love the pattern and fabric feel!

 This last dress is a Free People dress that I got to take on our fall break beach trip to Clearwater, FL..I tried to only buy fall clothes, but I just couldn't pass this one up :)  

UPdate: Here are some pictures from Clearwater with my dress in action :) 





2 comments:

  1. Girl......LOOOOOVE every.single.photo! Thank you so much for linking up and hope you'll come back each week to showcase more of your awesome style. Seriously....I can't wait to see more from you b/c we seem to have similar styles!

    HUGS,
    Lindsey
    It's Elementary, My Dear!

    ReplyDelete